We have just received news that Canada will be opening it's border to fully-vaccinated American Travellers starting on August 9, 2021. The United States announced that they will be keeping their border closed, however as a US Citizen with a US Passport, travellers should have no issues getting home from Canada. With this being said, we do plan to honour the 2021 reservations in our book and we are taking new reservations as well. Please contact us as soon as possible to confirm your reservation and the number of people in your group so that we can plan accordingly. Whatever deposits you have on your account will go against this trip for the same number of people you originally booked for. If you choose to pass on this year's trip, your deposits will carry over to next year. We also need to know ASAP if you want your spots for next year. We are not automatically carrying reservations over from 2021 to 2022 - you must tell us if you want your spot reserved.
In order to cross the border from the US into Canada this year starting August 9, 2021 you must meet the following requirements:
- Be fully vaccinated.
- Use the arriveCAN app on your smart phone or device. You must carefully follow the steps on this app and ensure that your documents are uploaded AND printed (always carry paper copies).
- Be prepared to wear a mask almost everywhere.
- Present a negative covid (molecular) test taken within 72 hours of travel. They WILL ask you what type of test you received and if it's not an approved molecular type, you will be denied entry. Please do your research.
- Be asymptomatic at the time of travel.
- Be prepared to be randomly selected for a test at the border and have a quarantine plan in the event you test positive. You can either plan on quarantining at Clark's in a designated camper trailer or cabin OR you can return to the US.
PHYSICAL ADDRESS FOR QUARANTINE TO BE USED ON THE ARRIVE CAN APP:1 Camp Robinson Road, Vermilion Bay, ON. P0V 2V0 *The 0's are ZEROS
Some changes that will come into effect for 2021 due to COVID:
Drive-In Camps: There will be NO cookouts, NO bedding will be supplied (including pillows). Masks must be worn in any public space including the check-in office.
Fly-In Outposts: NO bedding will be supplied (including pillows), limited camp checks (2 checks for a 7-day stay), no portage lakes will be open on Anishinabi Lake and only one case of water per person for the week. Masks must be worn in any public space including the check-in office. Masks MUST be worn on the airplane.
Also, please note there is NO live bait (or salted) allowed to cross the border this year and there are absolutely NO outdoor fires permitted whatesoever.
We would appreciate your patience and understanding as we work out the kinks after being shut down for almost two full years.
We look forward to seeing many of our guests next month and we appreciate your patience through these trying times! Please contact us if you have questions and we will do our best to answer them.
Wayne, Karla, Meagan & the rest of the Gang!
Copied and Pasted from NOTO:
- Quarantine locations should be their vacation destination
- Guests who are randomly selected for a test and test positive can choose to do their quarantine at their quarantine location here in Canada OR they can leave to go home.
- Must have received the full series of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine or a combination of approved vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zeneca, Johnson & Johnson)
- Must have received your last dose at least 14 days prior to the day you enter Canada
- Upload information into the ArriveCAN app (this app is free and secure)
- All information must be inputted into the ArriveCAN app within 72 hours prior to arrival in Canada.
- The app will ask you to input contact information for you and the people you are travelling with, purpose of trip, date of arrival, port of entry, proof of vaccination, and your quarantine plan.
- For the quarantine plan, input the location where you will be staying while in Canada (i.e. the lodge).
- Must have a negative COVID-19 molecular* test taken within 72 hours prior to arrival (view accepted tests). Antigen tests are not accepted.
- Must be asymptomatic upon arrival
- Upon arrival, the border officer will ask you for your ArriveCAN receipt, proof of vaccination, negative COVID-19 test results and other typical documentation.
- PCR - Polymerase chain reaction
- RT-PCR – reverse transcription real time PCR
- Quantitative PCR (qPCR)
- Nucleic acid test (NAT) or Nucleic acid amplification test (NAATs)
- Reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP)
- Isothermal amplification
- Droplet digital PCR or digital droplet PCR (ddPCR)
- Transcription-mediated amplification (TMA)
- RNA (Ribonucleic acid)
- Ct (cycle threshold)
- Next generational sequencing (NGS) or whole genome sequencing (WGS)
- Oxford Nanopore sequencing (LamPORE)
- Detection of the N gene
- Detection of Orf1a/b
- Detection of the S gene
- Detection of the E gene
- Detection of the RdRp gene
- Please make sure to advise your guests that antigen tests are not accepted.